So yesterday I sat thinking about new ways to market a client working in home services. I’ve decided - and please spare me you stones- to use direct marketing mailing lists as a part of our overall marketing strategy. I know my client, although eager to invest in marketing (God, I love those clients) is a bit strapped for cash (Damn, I hate when that happens). Immediately my mind goes into resourceful mode, thinking up ways to cut marketing cost corners. So for fun, I came up with the following plan. Only I’m not so sure it will work. Lol. What do you think?
1. Instead of buying mailing lists, I’ll use Google Maps.
2. I’ll take one of my client’s customer’s address as a starting place.
3. I’ll enter the address in Google maps and find other homes in a 5 mile radius.
4. I’ll collect all possible addresses in a spreadsheet to use for the mailers.
5. I’ll continue doing steps 1-4 until I’ve created one hefty mailing list.
That should work……right?
Well, don’t judge me. You never know what you’ll come up with when you need to save a buck.
*SEOContentQueen in no way admits to actually spamming or endorses the act of spamming. Seek the guidance of your local legal system regarding spam laws. ; )